Sunday, March 30, 2014

Done! #21


Stack o' Sassy magazines

21. Make a list of my ten most influential books.

This was a meme going around FB a while back, and I wanted to do it, but I also wanted to take a little time to reflect on the books on the list. I wrote up the list for a zine I made recently and added a sentence or two about each item listed. I ended up with sixteen, and just added one title to the list today.

1. The Lone Range and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie.
2. One! Hundred! Demons! by Lynda Barry
3. Maud Martha by Gwendolyn Brooks
4. CanĂ­cula: Snapshots of a Girlhood en la frontera by Norma CantĂș
5. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver
6. Woman Hollering Creek and Other Stories by Sandra Cisneros
7. Love and Rockets by Los Bros. Hernandez (comic book series)
8. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
9. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
10. People Who Led to My Plays by Adrienne Kennedy
11. Pablo's Inferno by Rhode Montijo (five comic book series)
12. Nepantla: Essays from the Land in the Middle by Pat Mora
13. The Book of Questions by Pablo Neruda
14. Sassy (magazine)
15. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
16. Pocho by Jose Antonio Villarreal
17. Zines

If you want the full annotations holler at me, and I'll send you a copy of the zine. Or you can buy a copy from ye olde Etsy shoppe!

No comments:

Post a Comment