Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Update: #31

♡ 31. Try the recipes I’ve clipped out of magazines. 

Are you like me? Do you clip way too many recipes out of magazines and then stuff them somewhere only to occasionally remember them and think, oh yes, I need to make these and then put them away again and totally forget? You know what I'm talking about? Do you also keep the discarded magazines from your library job with the plan to go through them and tear out what you want? You know, like recipes from old issues of the sadly defunct Gourmet? And then they sit on your desk forever until the day you feel inspired to clean up a little and you get through a couple of issues and put the others aside for another day? And then you forget? Yeah.

A friend offered to trade one of my zines for a pot of butterscotch pudding recently. If only everyone made such offers. Butterscotch is one of those flavors I don't think about and then I have it and am reminded that it's possibly one of my favorite flavors. Mmmm, butterscotch. All that to tell you that I found this recipe for butterscotch pudding in an old Gourmet and, as part of #31, made it this week. It's dangerously simple and delicious! Tastes real--like brown sugar and butter--not artificial.

We also made the steak tacos. Skirt steak with an ancho chili and cocoa rub. It was good, but not mind-blowing enough to go into the keeper file.

No comments:

Post a Comment